The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) (ICC) is a new qualification which replaces the
Delivery of this course commenced 1st of May 2021. The previous syllabus will continue until the end of 2021.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) (ICC) provides a broad understanding of construction related health & safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone with health & safety responsibilities in the construction industry. With reference to ILO standards, the qualification focuses on industry best practice.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) is aligned to Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM) regulations and is guided by legislation but focused on best practice. On completion of the qualification you will be able to:
- manage construction risks and hazards
- produce or contribute to a construction phase plan
- help your organisation to manage contractors
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour
- carry out a risk assessment of a construction site and manage a range of construction hazards
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts, and understand how to minimise these impacts
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- take part in incident investigations
The qualification is made up of one unit which must be successfully completed within 5 years to achieve the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) qualification:
Unit IC1: Managing Construction Safely
- The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Managing change and procedures
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
- Unit NC1 is assessed by a scenario based Open Book Exam completed at home. It will take around 8 hours and you have 48 hours to complete the assessment and return it to NEBOSH.
Classes are conducted in 10 days
Exams are available 4 times a year.