The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) provides a broad understanding of health & safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone working in or wanting to work in safety & health anywhere in the world.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is based on international standards and best practice. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification:
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a scenario based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this.
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
Exams are held bi-monthly throughout the year.